Today’s scripture: LK 9:1-6 “Jesus summoned the Twelve and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them to proclaim the Kingdom of God and to heal the sick….”
We might say to ourselves, “Why don’t we see more of this? Is all this healing only for the first 12 Apostles to perform?” But, here are some things to consider…
- Do we really believe that God wants to heal through US?
- Have we even TRIED to heal in JESUS’ NAME?
- Are we simplifying our lives, as directed in Lk 9:3, to allow God’s power to be evident?
- Are we PROCLAIMING the Gospel as those apostles were told to do, since healing goes WITH it?
- Do we act boldly and then let God do what he wills, detaching ourselves from the outcome? (Lk9:5)
Often we don’t know why things today don’t mimic what we read in the Bible, but we should just stay humble, knowing we should just grow in faith and love to just allow God to work through us much more FREELY. Share God FREELY, with no embarasment or reservation and just see what He does. Be BOLD. These are days where boldness is needed and required. Perhaps we can even say, “These are Biblical times.”
Get 2 FREE Song Downloads and a Coupon for a FREE CD
Don’t try to get all your prayers in…GET INTO your prayers! Sing them and pray twice! Sing the prayers of the saints, scripture and the Church.
Contemporary Catholic Music Meets Traditional Catholic Prayers.
…by singing it to a catchy melody.
Get a song/prayer “stuck in your head”…
…and pray all day, effecting all eternity.
Relearn old, familiar and popular prayers of the Church…
…with music both you AND your kids will like. Pray like the great saints have prayed.